What Can I Do With a Patient Portal?
The features of patient portals may vary, but typically you can securely view and print portions of your medical record, including recent doctor visits, discharge summaries, medications, immunizations, allergies, and most lab results anytime and from anywhere you have Web access.
Other features may include
- Exchanging secure e-mail with your health care team
- Requesting prescription refills
- Scheduling non-urgent appointments
- Checking your benefits and coverage
- Updating your contact information
- Making payments
- Downloading or completing intake forms
A patient portal may also allow you to access these features on behalf of your children or other dependent family members.